Monday, January 18, 2016

Finding the Joy - Encontrando a alegria

Every now and then everyone gets a little blue. I know I do, and when that happens I try to focus on what makes me happy. Even if that is chocolate. What can I say, I am not plus size because I have some hormonal imbalance or because I am lazy(I am a little but that is no excuse) , I am chubby because I love to eat. Its as simple as that. That and I do tend to procrastinate a LOT. But everyone has those little things that make us  want to get out of bed in the morning, that makes us smile even when things get dark and gloomy.

Since I had one of those moments last night, I am going to list a few for me:

Chocolate - yeah I love chocolate even if I more than most should not eat it. For health reasons, but I am not going to go into that. lets just say it is on my - foods that make you ill list and yeah I have my stubborn moments and do eat it.

Dancing - I am a belly dancer, and I love it. I am very lazy and dont practice as much as I should, in part because of my weight, in part because that is just the way I am, I tend to leave things to the last minute and Dancing as with any physical activity, you need to practice to get good, and when you leave things to the last minute you dont practice. So yeah I know I could be a lot better at it. still it brings me joy, it makes me happy and that helps.

Friends - I absolutely love my friends, and they remind me I am special, that I am worthy it, that even with all my shortcomings I am someone interesting to know. All of them, those near, those far, those that are virtual, my friends are a big part of my life, even if I am quieter than most, even if I do love my alone time too.

Books - I looooove reading, its a great way to get distracted, to forget the dark when I am feeling down, its a way to travel without leaving the comfort of my own home, to experience new things and even to get to know a little of other cultures, to make you think of things you'd never tought of before and yes, getting to know yourself too. That does not in any way subtitute human experience and contact but its a good thing too.

My job - well jobs... I am one of the lucky ones, I love my jobs. I love managing my Dance school, I love interpreting and translating, even when the text is boring. I like teaching and  I like modeling - though those are rare. I never thought I would be so lucky as to have so many different alternatives to make a living, all of which I enjoy.

There you have it, I am already feeling better.  I have books in my e-reader, I have dance class today, I get to go to work in a bit and prepare the school for the girls to arrive. I have possible new language students and who knows what the next interpreting job will be? its always a surprise, its always challenging and its always fun.

Not to mention those unexpected gifts, like the pendant last week, that remind you how much people care for you, how much they want you to succeed and be happy. Life is good, all we have to do is remember those things that bring you joy.

De vez em quando, todo mundo fica um pouco triste. Eu sei que eu fico, e quando isso acontece eu tento me concentrar nas coisas que me fazem feliz. Mesmo que isso seja chocolate. O que posso dizer, não sou Plus size por que tenho algum desequilíbrio hormonal, ou por ser preguiçosa (sou um pouco, mas isso não é desculpa), sou gordinha por que gosto de comer. É simples assim, isso e eu tenho a tendência a procrastinar muitooooooo. Mas todos nós temos aquelas coisas que nos ajudam a sair da cama de manhã, coisas que nos fazem sorrir quando o dia parece escuro e deprimente.

Já que tive um desses momentos de tristeza a noite passada vou fazer uma lista para mim:

Chocolate – Sim, eu adoro chocolate mesmo que eu não deva comer. Por motivos de saúde, mas não vou falar nisso agora, só vou dizer que chocolate está na minha lista de comidas que me fazem mal, e sim eu tenho meus momentos de teimosia.

Dançar – Eu faço dança do ventre e amooooo. Mas sou preguiçosa e não pratico tanto quanto deveria, em parte por causa do meu peso, e em parte por que tenho a tendência a deixar as coisas pra última hora e a dança, como com qualquer outra atividade física, precisamos praticar para melhorar. Quando deixamos as coisas para a última hora não praticamos. Então eu seu que poderia ser melhor, mesmo assim isso me faz feliz, me traz alegria isso ajuda.

Amigos – eu amo meus amigos, e eles me lembram sempre que sou especial, que valho a pena, que mesmo com minhas falhas sou alguém interessante. Todos eles, perto ou longe, até meus amigos de internet. Meus amigos são uma parte muito importante da minha vida, mesmo se sou quieta, e se adoro meus momentos de silencio e de ficar sozinha também.

Livros – Eu amoooooo ler, pra mim é um ótimo jeito de se distrair, esquecer quando as coisas estão feias, e quando estou triste, é um jeito de viajar sem sair de casa, tentar coisas novas e te fazer pensar em coisas que não pensaria, e sim, se conhecer. É claro que isso não substitui experimentar as coisas pessoalmente, mas é um bom começo.

Meu trabalho… bem... trabalhos.... Eu tenho sorte, eu amo meus trabalhos. Adoro minha escola de dança, amo fazer tradução simultânea, traduzir, mesmo quando o assunto é chato. Adoro dar aula, e ser modelo – mesmo sendo raro que faço isso. Eu nunca pensei que teria tanta sorte de ter todas essas alternativas de trabalho, todas que curto. 

Ai esta, já estou me sentindo melhor. Eu tenho um monte de livros no meu leitor digital, aula de dança hoje e daqui a pouco vou trabalhar fazendo algo que amo. Tenho novos alunos em potencial, e quem sabe quando o próximo trabalho de interpretação vai ser? É sempre uma surpresa e sempre desafiador, exatamente como eu gosto. E sempre divertido!


E aí tem aqueles momentos inesperados, como o pingente que ganhei a semana passada, que me lembram o quanto as pessoas se importam, quanto eles querem que a gente conquiste nossos sonhos e seja feliz.  A vida é boa, só precisamos lembrar das coisas que nos fazem felizes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment