Saturday, January 2, 2016

What better time to start something new than the beginning of a new year? So following the advice of a friend, I am going to try. I am not sure if I can be as grand as Buck wants, but I will start by writing about myself. Writing about my life and what I am hope and dream. 

Last year I met Buck Angel and he suggested I start a blog about self-image. As I said I am not sure what that entails exactly, but I do know I can write about my life, things I have learned and learn every day in my journey to loving myself as I am, so this is what I am going to try. if nothing else it will help me learn more about myself, reflect on things as they happen, and record the important things that happen in my life. 

A few years ago I made a big decision... I chose to love me first. I chose to accept myself, I chose to take care of me first of all. It sounds selfish right? well it kind of is, but how can we help and take care of others if we don't take care of ourselves? if we don't love ourselves? So that is what I chose to do, and that is how I began to accept myself. I have always been plump, shy to the extreme, unhappy with my body image. When I chose to change all that I began an important journey that has made me happier. I began to see myself as what I am; beautiful, deserving of love, important and worthy. Don't get me wrong, its an ongoing process, but that decision made it possible for me to believe I can have things, do things, and reach for the stars. 

But there is one thing that I learned from my grandfather that I keep in mind in this crazy journey of mine: the journey is just as important, so believe me, I am having a ton of fun on the way. 

At the end of last year, in the same event where I met Buck, I made a new decision; to be myself, withtout worrying about what others think, and even more to love myself as I am! Told you it was an ongoing process!!! So this is me, as I am, without worry, other than loving myself and being happy with my life.

So there you have it, Buck I started it. I dont know where it will go, or how this is going to work, but you know what? I liked thinking about this, writing this. Like my decision back then, I have no idea where it will take me, but I am looking forward to the journey. Should be fun right? 

Que momento melhor para começar algo novo do que o começo de um ano novo? Então seguindo o conselho de um amigo vou tentar. Não tenho certeza de que consigo ser tão grandiosa quanto Buck quer, mas vou começar escrevendo sobre mim mesma, escrevendo sobre minha vida, meus desejos e sonhos. 

No ano passado conheci Buck Angel e ele sugeriu que eu começasse um blog sobre autoimagem. Como disse não tenho certeza do que isso seria, mas sei que posso escrever sobre minha vida, coisas que aprendi e estou aprendendo a cada dia em minha jornada para amar a mim mesma. Então é isso que vou fazer. Se mais nada, ira me ajudar a aprender mais sobre mim mesma, refletir sobre as coisas a medida que acontecem, registrar coisas importantes que acontecem na minha vida. 

Alguns anos atrás tomei uma grande decisão... Escolhi me amar acima de tudo. Eu escolhi me aceitar, escolhi cuidar de mim mesma antes dos outros. Soa um tanto egoísta, não é? Pode até ser, mas como posso ajudar e cuidar dos outros se não cuido de mim mesma? Se não amamos a nós mesmos? Então foi isso que escolhi e foi assim que comecei a me aceitar. Sempre fui gordinha, extremamente tímida, infeliz com meu corpo. Quando escolhi mudar tudo isso comecei uma jornada importante que me fez muito mais feliz. Comecei a ver a mim mesma como sou: bonita, merecedora de amor, importante, com valor. Nao se engane, é um processo continuo, mas essa decisão fez com que eu acreditasse que posso ter coisas, fazer coisas, buscar as estrelas! 

Tem algo, porém, que aprendi com meu avô que mantenho em mente nessa jornada louca que escolhi seguir: que a viagem é tão importante quanto o destino então acredite, estou me divertindo à beça no caminho. 

No fim do ano passado, no mesmo evento onde conheci Buck tomei outra decisão: ser eu mesma, sem me preocupar com o que os outros pensam, e me amar mais ainda! Não falei que era um processo continuo? Então essa sou eu, simplesmente como sou, sem preocupação, fora amar a mim mesma e me aceitar como sou e ser feliz com minha vida. 


Ai esta Buck, comecei! Não sei aonde isso vai me levar ou exatamente como isso vai funcionar, mas quer saber? Gostei de pensar nisso, escrever esse texto. Como a minha decisão lá atrás, não sei onde isso vai terminar, mas vou curtir a viagem, acho que vai ser divertido, não vai? 

No comments:

Post a Comment