Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Support and love - Apoio e Amor

Today I got one of the most thoughtful and supportive gifts I have ever gotten from a friend. And at a such important moment of my life. Yes I love myself (or at least am learning to love myself more every day) but I have to be honest and admit that being plus size is taking a toll on my health. So I made a difficult decision - One that in the past I had considered unacceptable - and am going to have the gastric bypass surgery. Its not about aesthetics, its not about being a size 2. Its about being healthy and being a better me. 

I Love my dancing, and I want to do better but right now I cant. I am practicing, I have classes but there are some things I just cant seem to do. I get tired easily and I have joint pain as well as some other problems that are affecting me seriously. So I decided to try. Right now I am on the tests stage, making sure everyone is ok before getting to the actual surgery you know? There is no set date, no defined path other than my decision to change my life and be a better me. 

So what is the point of all of this? Support. My family (other than my mom, my mom is awesome on that) things I am taking the cowards way out, thinks that I am making a decision that is  reckless and selfish. Hell yeah it is selfish, I want to be healthy, I want to be able to dance and do things without feeling like I cant move or breathe. Reckless however? Nope, not really. Am I scared? hell yeah, but I need this, and I am going to do this if my doctor says its the best option. 

So when I got this present from Alika (A teacher at my belly dance school) for this new stage of my life. something I can wear all the time and think of my new life. It made me feel loved, cared about and supported. Don't get me wrong, I have tones of wonderful thoughtful friends who are 100% supportive, but this one touched me deeply so I had to express it. Alika is someone that came into my life two years ago as the new teacher of my school and we've become fast friends, She is an amazing person, so dedicated, disciplined and a wonderful instructor. She makes my dancing better and that she supports me so... it means the world. 

We can never let people who don't understand us, who don't walk in our shoes and don't know what we go through everyday stop us from doing what it is best for us, even when it feels like we're being selfish. We need to be selfish, how can we help and be good to others when we're not helpful and good to ourselves? I have found my own support system, friends like my Bff's and Alika, and so so many others are mine. Of course it's sad that the rest of my family doesn't understand me, but all I can do is hope that one day they see how good its done to me and get over it.

Isnt it beautiful? Silver too so I can wear it all the time and not have allergies. Não é linda? e de prata, assim posso usá-la o tempo todo e não ter alergia!

Hoje eu recebi um dos presentes mais carinhosos e atenciosos que já recebi de uma amiga. Ele veio em um momento muito importante em minha vida. Sim eu me amo (ou estou aprendendo a me amar a cada dia) mas eu preciso ser honesta e admitir que ser Plus Size está afetando minha saúde. Então tomei uma decisão difícil - Vou fazer a cirurgia de redução do estomago. Não é por estética, não é para ter um manequim 42. É por saúde e para ser uma versão melhor de mim mesma. 

Amo dançar e quero ser a melhor dançarina que puder mas no momento não posso. Eu ensaio, eu faço aulas, mas há certas coisas que eu não consigo fazer. Eu canso fácil, tenho dor e tenho outros problemas de saúde que estão me afetando muito. Então decidir operar. No momento estou fazendo os exames, garantindo que está tudo certo para a cirurgia ne? não tenho data marcada, nem caminho exato a ser seguido a não ser a decisão de mudar a minha vida e ser melhor.  

Por que mencionei tudo isso? apoio. Minha família (fora a minha mãe, minha mãe é incrível e me apoia) acha que estou escolhendo a solução covarde, que estou sendo inconsequente e egoísta. É claro que estou sendo egoísta! I quero ser saudável, quero conseguir dançar e viver sem me sentir que mal posso me mexer ou respirar. Mas inconsequente? Não. Estou com medo? claro que estou, mas preciso fazer isso e vou faze-la se o médico disser que essa é a melhor alternativa.  

Então quando recebi hoje o presente da Alika (professora na minha escola de dança do ventre) um presente para este novo estágio da minha vida, para eu pensar na minha vida me senti muito amada e apoiada. Não me entenda mal, tenho muitos amigos que me apoiam 100% mas este presente me emocionou tanto que precisei falar sobre isso. A Alika é um pessoa que veio pra minha vida dois anos atrás como professora da minha escola e nos tornamos grandes amigas. Ela é incrível, dedicada, disciplinada, carinhosa e uma professora maravilhosa. Ela faz com que minha dança seja melhor e que ela me apoia tanto ... significa muito. 


Não podemos nunca deixar as pessoas que não nos entendem, que não vivem nossa vida que não sabem o que passamos todos os dias nos impeçam de fazer o que é melhor para nós, mesmo quando acham que estamos sendo egoístas. Devemos ser egoístas, pois como podemos ajudar e ser bons aos outros se não nós ajudamos e somos bons com nós mesmos? Eu encontrei o meu grupo de apoio, amigos como minhas melhores amigas e a Alika e tantos outros. É claro que é triste que minha família não me entende mas tudo que posso fazer é esperar que um vejam que está me fazendo o bem e que deixem essa desavença para trás.  


No comments:

Post a Comment